Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hunter's Lucky 13




Hunter celebrated his 13th birthday with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents from both sides of the family. It was a fun night! He decided that he'd rather have spending money for clothes than have a big birthday party with friends. So I got to take him shopping on his birthday and enjoyed a fun day with just the two of us. It was great to see him having to make decisions on whether or not he wanted to spend his money on the more expensive items. He did pretty well, and actually bought a few shirts that were on sale. He ended up buying himself a $27 t-shirt also, which I NEVER would have bought him. I think it was a great experience for him! (I bet that shirt doesn't end up on the floor!) He also got to go to lunch with grandma and grandpa Olsen on his birthday, and grandma Neus took him to the movies and lunch earlier in the week. Fun times!

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo for Hunter! i'm totally a fan of the family party, and better gifts then, friend parties! and picking your own clothes is always fun.