Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy 13th Hunter!














Wow! It's hard to believe that I'm a mom of teenager! I thought that since it was Hunter's 13th birthday I would list 13 of my favorite things about him!

Here they are, in no particular order:

1. Hunter is very outgoing. He has never been shy and can find a friend anywhere.

2. Hunter has a great sense of humor. This kid can make you laugh! He always has a good joke just waiting to be shared.

3. Hunter is very curious. He wants to know where things come from and how they work. He has a great mind.

4. Hunter is very creative. He can make a toy from a stick or a rusty bolt that he's found on the ground. He is always able to entertain himself and has been that way since he was a young boy.

5. Hunter has a great smile. I love to see him happy and smiling!
6. Hunter is very loving. He makes it a point to tell us every night that he loves us before going to bed. And if we've fallen asleep without hearing him or answering him back he will wake us up so he can tell us that he loves us.

7. Hunter is fun. He's fun to talk to, to play with, to hang out with. He likes to have fun!

8. Hunter likes to tease (which is good and bad). He likes to laugh and yes, sometimes it is at the expense of his sisters, but he means well most of the time.

9. Hunter has a great memory. He can remember just about anything - which most of the time is great! He loves history - especially world history. His favorite TV channel is the History Channel.

10. Hunter is smart. I think this has a lot to do with his great memory - but he can recite lines from movies, lyrics to songs and word for word what you told him yesterday. My mind doesn't work like that!

11. Hunter has an ear for music. He can sit at the piano and sound out a song or a hymn without looking at any notes. He also has great pitch and can sing pretty well.

12. Hunter is very sensitive. He likes people to think that he's not. But I know that he is!

13. Hunter knows who he is. He knows that he is a child of a Heavenly Father who loves him. He knows what is expected of him and tries every day to be the best kid he can be!

Hunter - we love you!

7 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Happy Birthday Hunter! he has sure grown up to be a handsome young man!

Kristen said...

WE LOVE YOU TOO HUNTER!!!! I cannot believe he is 13! Driving is just around the corner! What a handsome young man he is! :)

Hollie said...

Oh my gosh! How r u? It has been forever since i have seen or heard from you! Yes life is crazy with twins...so something i didn't sign up for. I just only wanted to try for ONE girl and have it be the last child. Guess God had a different plan for me...he is trying my patience every day! Zoe and Paige will turn 4 in Dec. I can hardly believe it. Im glad you found me. I tried to click on Ryan's blog but it said it was private. I would love to catch up with him as well.

Nate and Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Hunter! I can't believe he is 13! I agree with all of the things you wrote about him. He is a great kid and we love him very much!!!

♥Tami said...

What a neat tribute! The picture where he is laying on the blue and white checked blanket, Liam has one just like it! It is his "special Blanky"

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday to Hunter! Yep, I remember you! I love finding old friends through blogging. You have a beautiful family!

iv said...

Lanie your blog is adoreable!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER!!
-ivy