Yes - it's been a month since I last posted! I've been wanting to post something for a while now but haven't had the time. We've been very busy!
First of all, I do have most of our activities documented in pictures and video but of course my camera doesn't want to cooperate with my computer today. So I just decided to update without any pictures. Use your imagination!
Easter came and went. We celebrated with our families at our house on Easter Sunday. We love to have family over! It was a great time! No Easter dresses this year - but the Easter Bunny did manage to show up with lots of candy. He wasn't as generous as last year (I was in New York for Easter and Brian did the Easter baskets last year) but the kids weren't disappointed!
The girls danced at the Phoenix Suns game in April. It was so much fun! They did their production number which included about 60 girls. It was great to watch and a little crazy trying to decide where to look because Chloe, Sommer & Sydney were all in it and all spread out. They were all dressed pretty much the same also, so we were a little busy moving our heads back and forth looking for our girls! It was a hoot! Sommer wasn't quite healed from her broken tailbone and had been on crutches for 2 weeks prior to this performance. But she dressed out and danced as best she could. (It was a good thing there were 59 other girls dancing with her!) Kevin, Kristen, Courtney and Kendyl and my mom and dad were there to cheer them on! Tom, Sue and Katie ended up staying home with Brendan and Carrie's girls while they spent time in the hospital with Matthew. We missed having them there!
I was called as the ward organist. Whoo hoo!
We had a school talent show that the twins danced in. They did a ballet number and used their pointe shoes. They did great. They're going to be leaving elementary school in a few days. I'm a little sad to be seeing them grow up!
Hunter has been spending some time the past few weeks getting tutored for math by Coulter. It's been great to have him over at our house! Hunter has been home schooled this year because I wasn't too happy with the Jr. High situation. It was a good decision and it's been a good year. The twins will be home schooled next year. I really don't like Jr. High and really don't want my little girls going there. So next year I'll have the 3 oldest at home with me. Good times!
For Mother's Day this year Brian really did a terrific job! On the Saturday before Mother's Day we had a huge dance competition and it was a little stressful for me. (We did great, by the way, and I really didn't need to be stressed out after all.) So after the competition we all went out to Oregano's - yummy - and then Brian dropped me off, with a bag he packed himself, at the Mesa Hilton. He checked me in and kissed me goodbye! It really was wonderful! I love being a mom and yes, I do love my kids, but sometimes I just want to be alone. This was perfect. The kids and Brian dropped by on Sunday for brunch and a swim in the pool (yes, we ditched church) and then we went to Brian's mom's house for dinner. It was a perfect Mother's Day!
Okay the competition the girls were in was StarBound and it really turned out to be a great experience. All of my girls dances received a gold rating and one of my choreographed dances also received a "judges award" which was really cool. So we all left feeling pretty good - exhausted - but pretty good!
That's about all we've been up to for the past 30 days. I know I've left out birthday parties, band and orchestra concerts, sleep overs, extra dance practices, a trip to Build A Bear, two 6th grade end-of-the-year (pain in the butt) reports (that included costumes), graduation parties and oh yeah, cooking classes! All of this on top of our already crazy schedule. We are looking forward to summer!!
So if you've been wondering where we've been and why we haven't called this should help you understand!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are always so busy! Thanks for bringing your kids to cooking class every week and helping me with my kids! Congrats on all of the gold medals. You girls are AWESOME!!
Post a Comment