
One of the master classes - taught by Gus Giordano's daughter. Super fun - jazz dancing the way I remember it!

We brought 30 dancers (holy cow!). This picture was taken after the Friday night show.

Me, Leah, and Amanda (one of our dancers) enjoying some yummy food at the Macaroni Grill!
Of course, there aren't any pictures of my children in this post. That would be for the simple fact that I wasn't with my kids this year for Halloween. I had every intention of being a great mommy and taking them trick-or-treating. I even had a dinner planned and family invited over. But the night before Halloween I received a phone call from one of the teachers I work with who informed me that she had fallen down some stairs. She hurt her knee and couldn't attend the U of A Dance Workshop and asked me to go in her place. Of course, I was conflicted. I had chosen not to attend the workshop this year due to the fact that it was over Halloween. Also due to the fact that Sommer and Sydney technically could go - but are still a little young in my opinion - and I didn't want to take them. (Waste of money, mostly. And they wouldn't appreciate it. And would probably complain that it was too hard. And complain about being tired. And hungry. And wanting me to buy them souvenirs.) So I had chosen not to go. Next year I told them.
But anyway, I was given this awesome chance to go and decided that I should. I'm glad I did. It was so nice to be able to be "me" again - for 3 whole days. I took a ton of classes. I learned a lot. I was able to get to know some of the girls I didn't know too well. (I had to room with 3 of them). I got to hang out with some of the moms that came up with their girls. I was able to laugh and dance and push my body to move in ways it hasn't in quite a few years. I was reminded that I am in fact, 37. My brain doesn't work the same as it did when I was younger. But I had such a great time! Next year I'll take Sommer and Sydney. They'll have fun! And I did miss them!
1 comment:
I noticed you said your brain doesn't work as well...I'm jealous that your body still does! Impressive!
Post a Comment