For fall break this year I packed the kids up and headed up north to Brian's parents house in Eagar. We spent the week riding horses, riding quads, reading books, playing games, doing puzzles, watching movies and generally just being lazy. We took up two friends, Bethany and Ashlee Williams, and had such a great time! My sister-in-law also took her kids up and stayed with her parents. We were able to spend time with her boys, also! We really love spending time up at Tom and Sue's house. Life moves a lot slower up there - and it's great not to have to rush around. I forgot my camera, which is probably a good thing! We tend to migrate to our "white trash" side when we're up there. I don't fuss with the kids clothes or hair. They do get a daily bath - but that's about it as far as grooming goes. Lauryn looked like an orphan most of the time. I was nice to get home though, we missed Brian!
We came home on Friday because the girls had a rehearsal on Friday night for the State Fair. We spent a few hours on Saturday in lovely Phoenix, Arizona. It's always fun to perform at the State Fair. I have fond memories of dancing there! Everything went great with the exception of one of Chloe's costumes. I forgot to pack the leotard that goes with one of her costumes. She was crying - upset. And it was all my fault. Anyway, we found a hot pink cami that we thought would be a great match. It was. The only problem (which I figured out as she was on stage) was that there was no "bottom" to this hot pink cami. She had a short little skirt covering her bum, but it really didn't help. Every time she moved we got a flash of her cute bum (which was covered by tan tights and a pair of fishnet stockings). It was pretty bad. I couldn't stop cracking up. And every time she looked over at me all I could do was give her the "thumbs up" sign. What a trooper! One day she will laugh, too.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun to have a place to get away to. Poor Clhoe, that is a great story!!!!!!
i'm sure miss chloe danced her heart out. wish i was there to support.
CLASSIC!!! Be sure to write that in Chloe's baby book! What a funny story!
Post a Comment