Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Summer!!

Our summer has gotten off to a great start! Things around our house are crazy - as usual. But it's so nice not to have such a rigid schedule. The end of the school year just about did me in!

Hunter started football practice in the spring for the high school team. He has been very diligent in making it to every practice. He is up at 6:00 in the morning and heads to the school for his work outs until around 9:00 or so. We are amazed at his dedication and eagerness to get himself up and out the door. This NEVER happened during the school year. It was so hard to get him out of bed in the morning! We are really proud of him. We've always looked at Hunter like he was really big. I guess because we have a house full of little girls - he seems so much bigger. When I dropped him off at his first lineman camp I almost cried. He was the smallest kid there. He assured me though, he wants to be on the line - and the coaches are okay with it. So hopefully he'll have a growth spurt here real quick. Unfortunately for him, he has more of me in him than his 6'5" dad. Only time will tell!!

Sommer & Sydney finished their first year of Junior High. It wasn't too traumatic for them. They've spent most of the past month in the dance studio and any free time in the swimming pool. Sydney's already had her first ear infection of the summer. The girls had their dance recital last weekend and did a great job. We were so happy to have all grandparents and a few aunts & cousins in attendance. I love to watch my girls dance and can see the progressions they've made this year. It's incredible! I'm such a lucky mom! We will continue dance lessons through the summer - all technique, which will be so good for them. I will be teaching a few classes, too.

We have 3 birthdays in July and so next month will be a busy one! The twins and I are heading to Las Vegas for a dance convention over their birthday. I can't wait! We're not sure what we're doing for Hunters birthday - but I'm sure it will be great!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

WOW HUNTER! Even I can't pour myself out of bed that early! Can't wait to come and watch you play! Lainie....let us know when his games start in the fall! Korynn is looking forward to dancing with the twins! I have to say...this summer with the kids has not been a whining tragedy as summers past...I'm enjoying it too!

Let us know about Hunter's B-day. When are you planning on doing the girls?