Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dance Company Lock-In


Sydney catching some air time!


Sommer & Sydney are waaayyy down at the other end! And Chloe is in the back somewhere holding a flag!


Peace out!


Sydney and Kaylee


Sommer & Brittaney (notice the pointed toes!)


5 Guys Named Moe - aka "Show Stoppers"


Our dance studio has a "lock-in" for our girls in company every year the week before recital. We spend the evening running through our recital routines, eating pizza and anything with sugar or caffeine in it. At about midnight we wrap up rehearsal, put on our pajamas and pull out the sleeping bags. We had about 50 girls from the ages of 5 to 18 wall to wall. It was such a hoot! I didn't get to bed until 4:00 a.m. It's fun to be young! I got to sit back and watch my four daughters jump around and be silly with their friends all night. It was fun to see my students turn into these crazy kids who are normally pretty reserved in class. What a great time! Luckily I was able to come home and catch a 3 1/2 hour nap this afternoon. I don't function well on 2 hours of sleep! I can't wait 'til next year!!

2 comments:

Nate and Kristen said...

How fun! I would be sooo tired after a night like that. I bet your kids think you are the coolest mom staying up late and having fun with them! I am going to update my blog soon!

Crazymamaof6 said...

totally FUN! way fun way to kick off recital week!